Saturday, December 10, 2016

All I Want for Christmas


Most of us eventually get to the point where, when it comes to Christmas or birthday gifts, you really don't want anything. That usually arrives on that day when you look around and say, "where did all this crap come from?" That's the day you begin to feel that you've become a captive to your possessions. Then panic sets in as you wonder if you'll ever manage to get rid of all these -- things.

I've been burning a little tire rubber shuttling -- things -- down to the Sally Ann. I'm not sure they're all that happy to see me arrive any more. Funny thing is, I get back home to realize that, in my absence, all my -- things -- must have been breeding.

So, the kids want to know what I want this year for Christmas. I kept telling them "nothing" but I've changed my mind. This year I want "Blue and Lonesome"



The Stones cover great songs of the legends of Chicago Blues. Little Walter's "Hate to See You Go."



"Ride 'em On Down" - Eddie Taylor via Bukka White.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We gave up on Christmas four years ago due in large part to our daughter who aims to save the world.
We are volunteering at the soup kitchen Xmas day with a few shifts with the Sally Ann kettle before hand.
Not being a religious sort, I am contemplating playing this little ditty whilst ringing the Sally Ann bells at the kettle!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

Not sure it will go down well or if the wife will shut me down but the Devil in me said ; do it!

TB

Lorne said...

Excellent, Mound!

The Mound of Sound said...

TrailBlazer, you have reprieved my flagging belief in the goodness of humanity. I think we all should wish you a very merry Christmas.

The Mound of Sound said...

And, no, you shouldn't play, sing, recite "my ding a ling" Just don't.

The Mound of Sound said...

Hi, Lorne. When I was a kid I sometimes listened to what was then known as "coloured music" on the radio. It was the Stones, however, who really got me hooked on Delta and Chicago blues and I've never gotten past it. It's as good today as it ever was. I'm not sure if it will fade when our generation is gone. I sure hope not.

The Mound of Sound said...

Gotta love that "zebra crossing" bit

Anonymous said...

Anyong.....Me too! Serving dinner to the homeless and people who are alone on Christmas Day and there are many. And not one Christmas present purchased from department stores making American chains wealthier. All are home made from local products.