Friday, February 22, 2013

Not Green, For Now

I had to resign my membership in the Green Party to do it, but now I'm a Liberal Supporter.   I didn't join the Liberal Party and I won't unless something radical happens but I registered as a Liberal Supporter in order to vote for Joyce Murray as party leader.

Murray is the only candidate who is remotely progressive.  She's the only one who isn't a bitumen booster.  She's the only candidate who has garnered the support of two people I truly respect - Lloyd Axworthy and David Suzuki.  She's a fellow British Columbian.

That said, I expect Trudeau will win and carry on the Liberals' moribund politics that saw the party go from Sussex Drive to Stornoway to Motel 6 out on the Gloucester Highway.   That's not to say that he won't be able to take down an already weakened Harper in 2015.  He might, but that wouldn't hold much promise for Canada.

Of the rest, the Space Cadet is probably my second choice with the Pipeline Queen, Hall Findlay, dead last.  The Sad Sacks in between?  Nah, I don't think so.

So, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Joyce Murray.   Stranger things have happened.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given what we have to choose from, Joyce seems a viable option. But I would vote for gerbil if that would ensure the destruction of the regressive Reform-Conservative government.

name not required. said...

I'd probably be doing the same thing if I wasn't running an EDA. I do hope you will comeback after their leader is chosen