Saturday, February 05, 2011

Not Bad for Just 30-Years Work

I know why Hosni Mubarak won't go into retirement peacefully.  With the gig he's got, nobody would.  A report in The Guardian says Hosni and his clan may have amassed a personal fortune of - wait for it - up to Seven Zero Billion Dollars.  That's 7 followed by a shitload of zeroes.  $70,000,000,000.00   I'm getting close myself.  I've got all the zeroes, just not the seven.

Now I'm just guessing here but maybe Hosni got overtaken by events he didn't foresee and hasn't had enough time yet to dig a crater big enough to stash all that loot.   One thing for sure - as soon as he's gone the people of Egypt will have seventy billion reasons to track down him, his family, and their loot.

Maybe the anti-Mubarak people should think this one through.  Is driving this guy out of Egypt really a good idea?

No comments: