Thursday, February 03, 2011

Beck's Not The Only Rightwing Lunatic

Glenn Beck's FOX News colleague, former Arkansas governor, and expected contender for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, Mike Huckabee, has fallen neck deep in the rightwing looney zone.

The genial, softspoken Huckabee attended the opening ceremony of a new Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank this week.   This comes straight from the horse's ...er, mouth:

I think there probably should be [a Palestinian state], but it doesn’t necessarily have to be on the tiny postage-stamp-size piece of land that is Israel,” he said. “I’m not against a Palestinian state. I am against, and not really against, but I’m just being realistic – I don’t see how it works to put two people and two governments right on top of each other.”

 Huckabee went on to blast the Arab position – which has been adopted by the rest of the world – that the Jews must stop building in Judea and Samaria, lands claimed by the Palestinians, in order for peace to be achieved.

To tell Jewish people, ‘You cannot live here, you cannot raise your children here,’ this is the true racism, this is apartheid,” said Huckabee. “I cannot imagine as an American being told that I could not live in certain places in America because I was Christian, or because I was white, or because I spoke English.”

Huck, the only people who are on top of another are the Israeli people illegally occupying Palestinian territory.   The folks on the bottom are the Palestinians.  But you're right.  It doesn't work to put Israelis on top of the Palestinians who rightly belong there.

What an asshole.  A total sphincter.

No comments: