Saturday, November 17, 2007

This Guy Needs Help

I stumbled across Werner Patel's blog, "The Spade", where I found his take on the taser death of Robert Dziekanski at Vancouver airport.

"I know it sounds harsh and heartless, but given what I know about people like that (and the problems they are causing in Western Europe on a daily basis), I am actually glad that he won't be our problem anymore."

Later, Patel followed that up with an apology, saying it was all a "confluence of tragic events that resulted in a man's death."

Just what does Werner know "about people like that" that would make him glad if some of them got the same treatment as Dziekanski?

I wondered if I just read Patel unfairly until I found these follow up remarks from him in his comments section:

"When someone acts like an animal, he has to expect that others will stop him, one way or another. Besides, the officers had to act because he could have hurt other people there (throwing heavy equipment around, including a computer). In the good old days, they would have shot him; with Tasers, you at least get a chance it's not lethal.

Dan, I am not saying that all of them must be shot. But if it does happen, I, knowing what I do first-hand, certainly won't shed a tear, but side with our decent officers.

Oh, and Dan, it's not racism, because they're the same race as we are. And, finally, it has nothing to do with race, etc. I believe that anyone who acts like this should be taken down -- if he dies in the process, it's his own fault. If he had acted like a human being, instead of an animal, he wouldn't have been put down."

"Exactly. The Taser is the best approach available. The public needs to be protected from such animals. In the (good) old days, he would have been shot; with a Taser, death is not the most common outcome at all. But as I also said, if you act like an animal, you have to be prepared to face the consequences, including death."

"What does this have to do with anything? He was not a regular traveller or tourist: he had come here as an immigrant. As such, it was his duty to learn English before coming to Canada.
Act like a fool, die like a fool."


I don't know where this clown prince came from but he's sure welcome to take his Dark Age attitudes right back where he learned them.

7 comments:

Ed said...

Werner is a lunatic. This outburst is the latest in a long line of absurd outbursts. In fact, Red Tory had contact the police regarding his stalker-like antics. He needs medication. I suggest never bothering to ever visit his fetid corner of the Internet ever again.

Karen said...

I would agree with Ed. There are some places you just don't want to go.

I like your style though MoS...your first instinct is compassion.

Prole said...

If you must visit Werner, do so under a proxy so he doesn't have your IP address or anything. Seriously, he's a lunatic.

The Mound of Sound said...

Great, sounds like I've stepped in it this time. Thanks all.

Anonymous said...

I checked it out and Werner Patels is a German name....and this guy sounds like a sick Nazi

Dan said...

Can we start referring to his blog as "The Spayed" instead. Mock the devil and he will flee from thee.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I see you've met my good friend Scharführer Patels.

Seems like it was only yesterday he was saying there were too many slow people in Canada and calling for a Gesetz zur Verhütung erbkranken Nachwuchses.

Total kookamazook. Avoid at all costs.